Made a list of my favorite albums of the year so far. Everybody else is doing it! Went with 11 instead of 10, because all of these albums have been really great to listen to in my mind. My biggest impression: The alt-rock offerings this year are truly profound and poignant albums, and the alt-country/folk female contingent is killing it.
Also, with upcoming scheduled releases from the likes of Moose Blood, Blind Pilot, Angel Olson, Local Natives, Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard and hell, maybe even Brand New, a year-end list will prove to be quite competitive.
- The Hotelier – Goodness
- Car Seat Headrest – Teens of Denial
- case/lang/veirs – case/lang/veirs
- Pinegrove – Cardinal
- Deftones – Gore
- Brian Fallon – Painkillers
- Radiohead- A Moon Shaped Pool
- Empty Houses – Daydream
- Kanye West – The Life of Pablo
- The 1975 – I like it when you sleep, for you are beautiful yet so unaware of it
- Daughter – Not to Disappear
Special shout-out to “Best Kept Secret” for being my new favorite song about California and featuring beautiful Chinese strings.
“I talked about my misery, you called it pain of pain
How we light a pile on until we go insane
‘Til we go insane
Until we go insane
You’re the best kept secret in Silver Lake.”
~Best Kept Secret